These comprehensive terms and conditions relate to any projects undertaken for the Customer by Paper Lions Australia (PLA)
- All proofreading work will be carried out according to Australian proofreading and editing conventions, using Style Manual for authors, editors and printers, Sixth Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2002 which is the definitive guide to all Australian publications. Once an update is available, this new version shall supersede the sixth edition, and PLA shall refer to this new edition. All staff members are tertiary graduates with expert abilities in online proofing.
- Any content created by PLA as part of these processes will become the copyright of the Customer.
- The Customer will pay PLA a fee per hour OR an agreed flat fee for the job. Larger documents will require a sample to be uploaded into our system with an indication of the final length of the text in pages or words to allow for the most accurate quote to be given to the Customer. For example, for Literary Customers with extensive documents, the quote will be completed after a short sample has been provided. Deposits of half the final fee are acceptable for larger projects, with the balance payable on completion.
- The finished documents will be made available to the Customer on or before the deadline for the contracted charge. The documents will be created according to the clear explanation of the requirements stated by the Customer.
- If it becomes obvious that more work than initially expected is needed to complete the project satisfactorily and on time, PLA may discuss changing the original fee quoted to the Customer.
- Paper Lions Australia will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed by the agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The work on the documents can commence upon proof of payment. This proof can be the notifications for credit card and PayPal payments which shall come directly to PLA via the merchant facility. All internet banking transactions will require the receipt to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. All payments shall be processed in Australian dollars.
- The subject of each project will be kept private and not disclosed to anyone other than the Customer without their express written consent.
- Any refunds will only be made in extreme situations, such as our failure to complete your project. Any refunds requested are at the discretion of PLA.
- Of course, not every editing change will be what the Customer prefers, so small changes can be made up to seven days upon the completion of the document. This is purely at the discretion of PLA, as there should be plenty of opportunities to make changes during the draft process.
- Our aim at PLA is to minimise the number of errors present in your text document. It is unlikely that it will be completely possible to remove all the mistakes that may be in your final document. Our staff are human and, as such, are capable of making human errors. By ordering PLA’s services, you must accept that any proofreading is a very specific type of activity requiring experience and qualifications, and also that our team members are human and may miss errors.
- You must accept full accountability for the use of any draft of your finished document for any purpose. This includes, but is not restricted to, any monetary, brand or other outcomes of those errors.
- While we use current antivirus software and we endeavour to ensure that any files created within our website or during email correspondence or any other communications with us are free of known computer viruses, we give no guarantee that files are virus-free. We strongly urge that customers check all e-mails, attachments and all other files before accessing them, and any and all risk of viral infection is the obligation of the recipient.
- We respect the privacy of your personal information. Your personal information will not be passed on to third parties. PLA will endeavour to keep all submitted information and files confidential; however, there will always be a risk when communicating with anyone online. Therefore, the security of your files remains your responsibility.
- When purchasing from PLA, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre at email@example.com.